About Me

My photo
Kildare, Kildare, Ireland
Dont waste time on petty hatred.. unless its asked for.

Monday, November 15, 2010

New to all of this.

Well, guess I'll just have to get stuck right in. Back in August of this year I awaited the dreaded leaving cert results. D-day came and I went to collect my brown envelope that I thought held the key to the rest of my life, and boy was I wrong. Opening it was like opening an emotional dam.

Adding up the points brought tears to my eyes as I realised I didnt have enough points for my first choice.. or second.. or even third. I spent the next week planning what the hell I was gonna do for a year before re-applying to the CAO, convinced I didnt get anything this time round. Taking a gap year was not on the cards, at all, ever. Now, I was faced with the possibility of it happening.

The day for college places to be issued arrived. I didnt bother getting out of bed early like the hundreds of other students, knowing I didnt get a place anywhere. But, to my surprise, Dad came upstairs with something from the CAO office. Possibly the least thing I expected at this time, I was offered a place in UCD. Desperate not to take a year off, I jumped at the chance to go there. I wasnt even sure if it was what I wanted, but hey- it was something, right? WRONG! Long story short, I stayed there for two weeks and hated it. So now I find myself doing and enjoying something that a mere three months ago seemed like hell- a gap year. Best choice I've made so far.

So with my new found free time, I thought I'd start this up. It has no particular topic, just a stream of consciousness blog.


Peace x

No comments:

Post a Comment